Harry Potter Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping
Harry tickled the pear, and slipped into the Hogwarts kitchen, surrounded almost instantly by wide-eyed house elves.
“Master Harry Potter sir!” called Dobby, making his way over to Harry, dressed in at least 5 of Hermione’s horribly crooked hats and several socks of eye-watering brightness.
“Erm, hi,” said Harry. “I just wanted something to eat, I missed breakfast.”
“Dobby can helps!” and with that, the elves went to work in a flurry of activity.
Harry looked bemused as Dobby’s long spindly fingers appeared in his face, thrusting a pumpkin muffin at him. “Thanks, Dobby!”
“Dobby is glad to helps Master Harry Potter sir!” said the elf, waving as Harry exited the kitchen, shrugging his schoolbag over his shoulder. He waved back the hand holding the muffin and closed the portrait behind him as he took a bite.
“Hey, this is delicious!” Harry exclaimed.
Okay, so maybe that’s not really how this came about, but I wanted to have a little fun.
The Harry Potter tea blend by Cara McGee on Adagio.com is amazing. It’s delicious. The pumpkin is subtle, the spice is warm and inviting, and the caramel is lovely. It’s delicious.
And once infused into butter it definitely dresses up these pumpkin muffins with streusel topping! (especially if you accidentally make WAY more butter than you need, and use it to make the muffins, the streusel, AND spread on your warm muffins!)
Step one - infuse your butter with your Harry Potter tea! It comes out smelling like pumpkin pie, it’s amazing.
Step two! Muffins! (link to source for recipe above):
2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar (I packed mine)
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 Tablespoons soft butter
1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt (I chose sour cream)
3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) (I found canned “PURE PUMPKIN” at the store and used that. Worked fine, but I imagine pumpkin puree is more liquidy, so you may want to add a little more sour cream or butter to your mix to even this out, okay? Or just a little tea lol)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (I don’t have real nutmeg, I used the ground stuff. Sorry.)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar (again, mine was packed)
1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) soft butter (Harry Potter butter, mmmmm!)
1 Tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, 200 degrees Celsius, or Gas Mark 6. Cream together the brown sugar and butter. In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients, (the flour, baking powder, salt and spices.)
Add the egg to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well again. Add the pumpkin and sour cream and beat again. Scrape down the bowl then mix again. Now add the dry ingredients and mix by hand until just incorporated. Don’t over mix.
Make the topping.
Mix all of the streusel ingredients together until it’s well mixed and crumbly.
Grease a 12 count muffin pan and scoop muffin batter into pan, filling 3/4 of the way full. Distribute topping amongst all of the muffins.
- courtingchaos reblogged this from areyoutryingtodeduceme
- tantealizing reblogged this from dragoon811
- thekitcheninthetardis reblogged this from slayerofkings
- evenbetterthancactusjuice reblogged this from areyoutryingtodeduceme
- simpleandtall reblogged this from areyoutryingtodeduceme
- eroserrs likes this
- catline likes this
- littlesoy reblogged this from areyoutryingtodeduceme
- staresatscreens likes this
- malikenterprises likes this
- food4meh reblogged this from areyoutryingtodeduceme
- recipesiwilleventuallyuse reblogged this from dicksp8jr
- foodfoods reblogged this from areyoutryingtodeduceme
- thebridgesyouburn reblogged this from smileformemerlin
- fortuneford likes this
- forthetwenties likes this
- kemenios reblogged this from raynehargreaves
- zazozaliad likes this
- raynehargreaves reblogged this from whynotwrybread
- thisisntwaterstones likes this
- goldengingers08 reblogged this from whynotwrybread
- whynotwrybread reblogged this from areyoutryingtodeduceme
- i-adler reblogged this from dragoon811
- theselfishknitter likes this
- oswinians likes this
- aktf-and-tvshows reblogged this from areyoutryingtodeduceme
- i-adler likes this
- fabulouspizza likes this
- frankenunicorn likes this
- cryptoz00logy likes this
- darkallenxx likes this
- youpocketwitch reblogged this from areyoutryingtodeduceme
- thealicechan likes this
- mostaxellent likes this
- c-alluvion reblogged this from craperture-science
- cooking---kid reblogged this from areyoutryingtodeduceme
- knights-ofsummer likes this
- queerozilla likes this
- bandofbaboons reblogged this from areyoutryingtodeduceme
- esteotxoa likes this
- kingdom-dance likes this
- pallas-athena reblogged this from in-lovino-veritas
- life-is-a-melody reblogged this from areyoutryingtodeduceme
- castingpalethoughts likes this
- dicksp8jr likes this
- straighteningcurls likes this
- lillyisalive likes this
- arditafarnham likes this
- backfromwhereicame likes this